Giant Cupcake Recipes In Uk Measures?

Baking By EvadneCake Updated 22 Jul 2011 , 10:23pm by EvadneCake

EvadneCake Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 7:26pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all,
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this query so my apologies if it's wrong.
My husband has order a Giant Cup Cake tin for me today as a gift which I'm very excited about but a little concerned on what mix to use. I've had disasters with trying to upsize my normal sponge mix previously!
Does anyone have a fail safe recipe (pref in UK measures) that they could suggest please?
Many Thanks in advance icon_smile.gif

3 replies
melonball Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 8:56pm
post #2 of 4

I fill mine with
8 eggs
16 oz flour
16oz sugar
16oz butter

Cream butter and sugar, slowly add egg then flour.

Grease tin very well!

Hope that helps

LisaPeps Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 9:09pm
post #3 of 4

Not sure how much it holds but when I made mine I baked the bottom and top together. The top ended up overcooked and I didn't like that the bottom was browned on the edges (I usually using baking strips and line it with parchment paper so they aren't usually browned).

I would suggest baking the top and bottom separately, it's more work and washing up but it produces better cakes.

In the end, I chucked the bottom, redid the top and made a casing using candy melts. I then baked a couple of layers of 4" and 6" round and trimmed them so they would fit inside the casing. (I think it was 1 x 4" (1-1.5" high) and 2 x 6" (1-1.5" high)

This is how mine turned out:

EvadneCake Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 10:23pm
post #4 of 4

Fabulous - thank you so much. It arrived today so will try it out over the week end Squeeeeee 'cited!

Quote by @%username% on %date%