Just When I Start To Think I Might Be Getting Good At This

Decorating By Elcee Updated 21 Jul 2011 , 6:53pm by Elcee

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 5:00pm
post #1 of 5

...I go and make a mistake that points out just what an amateur I really am!

icon_lol.gificon_cry.gif I didn't make enough buttercream! I had to make an additional double batch of 2 kinds and it's still not enough and now I need to go to the store for more ps and cocoa. Someone please smack me! icon_smile.gif And thanks for listening icon_rolleyes.gif.

4 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 5:20pm
post #2 of 5

We've all done it... icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif Just this morning I was decorating a cake and came to the end to do the borders and discovered I didn't quite have enough..So here I am scrounging around in my garage fridge looking for more icing (I keep all kinds of colors out there) to find one that would semi-match..I did! thumbs_up.gif

I really wasn't looking forward to making more for a few Tablespoons...Arrgggg thumbsdown.gif

So we all do it... icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

EnglishCakeLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EnglishCakeLady Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 5:21pm
post #3 of 5

Happens to us all! I did exactly that this weekend, but perhaps worse: I used the PS I could have used in the extra frosting I needed to make an extra batch of MMF that I didn't use. AAARGGGHHHH!

divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 5:21pm
post #4 of 5

Hate it when that happens! I think that has happened to just about everyone, probably more than once icon_wink.gif I try to always make a little more than needed now and freeze the rest. You will never learn unless you make mistakes....sad but true!

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 6:53pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks, everyone, I don't feel so bad now. If this is the worst thing that goes wrong on this cake, I'll be happy. So far so good icon_smile.gif.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%