Cupcakes With Fondant Letters

Baking By Chelle1019 Updated 21 Jul 2011 , 4:44pm by Cupcations

Chelle1019 Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 2:03pm
post #1 of 2

I am practicing now making a mini cake for my son's 1st B-day. Just a small cake with buttercream icing with an Elmo on top. This will be my first time attempting something like this. I read online somewhere that I can trace the image I want on the cake onto parchment paper first then fill in with icing and freeze and it will slide right off and I can put it on top of cake. Has anyone done this? Or have a better idea of how to put Elmo's (face) on top of the cake?

In addition to the cake I am making cupcakes with Red Buttercream and 1 vanilla wafer candy in each with a letter spelling out HAPPY BIRTHDAY GABRIEL - I was thinking of making the letters with FONDANT and then putting each letter on the wafer. I don't know where to begin. Should I buy cut-outs? Will water just keep the letters on the wafer? I have a recipe for marshmallow fondant is that the one I should use?

I love this site and I am hoping you all can give me some advice... icon_smile.gif

1 reply
Cupcations Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 4:44pm
post #2 of 2

For the cake you can use the Frozen Buttercream Transfer method IMO its easier than tracing the whole thing on to the cake heres an example

& yes you can use MF for that
Or another option is to print the letters on a piece of paper, cover the paper with wax paper, melt some candy melts & put them in a piping bag with round tip#1 & trace over the letters. When your done pop them into the freezer ( make sure you make extra they are fragile). I usually stick them with water to the fondant Im not sure about the wafers though, I guess you have to try... or maybe someone else will have a better answer

HTH & good luck
thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%