9 replies
bakingpw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingpw Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 1:39pm
post #2 of 10

for IMBC - whisk (not sure about smbc)

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 1:47pm
post #3 of 10

You use the paddle for rewhipping. If you have frozen or chilled it and brought it back to room temp, if you use the whisk to rewhip it it breaks it down and it splits. It becomes really watery.

bakingpw Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 1:52pm
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaPeps

You use the paddle for rewhipping. If you have frozen or chilled it and brought it back to room temp, if you use the whisk to rewhip it it breaks it down and it splits. It becomes really watery.

Not sure if she is talking about smbc, but that's not true for imbc. I've been making it for 25 years. I've never seen imbc separate and get watery.

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 3:22pm
post #5 of 10

We must make different recipes as I have had that happen with IMBC. I use IMBC exclusively. It has only happened when it has been frozen/chilled and brought back to room temp.

bakingpw Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 3:57pm
post #6 of 10

Lisa, You're probably right - there are so many recipes out there, some with the same names icon_wink.gif

what_a_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
what_a_cake Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 4:11pm
post #7 of 10

I use paddle with mine so I don't add bubbles, but whisk will work fine too.

the MOST important thing is to have your IMBC room room temperature... not cold at all!! If you start whipping cold it could separate and look watery. If separation happens you just need to warm up your buttercream applying damp hot towels on the outside of the bowl or submerge the bowl in warm water being careful not to let water inside the bowl, once it's a little warmed up (you could even see a very slight melting on the inside wall), continue beating and IMBC will come back nicely.

charliecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charliecakes Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 4:12pm
post #8 of 10

I make both IMBC and SMBC and I tend to use the wisk when I'm making the buttercream but when I want to rewhip....or getting ready to ice my cakes...I have a tendancy to use my paddle. For me it just gets it really kind of smooth and ribbon like and keeps down my air bubbles but I have used the wisk before. Either one will work

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 7:49am
post #9 of 10

When I first make IMBC, I use the whip. When I'm ready to add the butter, I use a beater blade paddle. To re-whip SMBC/IMBC/FBC, I use the same beater blade.

lrlt2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lrlt2000 Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 5:37pm
post #10 of 10

I brought it to room temp then used the paddle to rewhip and it came perfect icon_smile.gif Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%