Nutrifil?

Baking By sarascakecreations Updated 12 Jun 2013 , 11:59pm by bakedinfsj

sarascakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarascakecreations Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 4:47am
post #1 of 7

hello,

so normally I use whipping cream and whip it etc with stabilizer buuuut while at mccalls this past week a woman suggest nutrifil instead??

so i brought it home and the pkg (which was in the fridge) says dessert topping non dairy and that it does not need refrigeration?? So does this mean that i can whip it up and put it in my cake and it won't need to go in the fridge? I'm just confused bc at the store in was in the fridge?

Also does it stabilize well on it's own?

Thanks!

6 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 6:15am
post #2 of 7

Seems Nutrifil is in Rich's product line:

http://supremefood.com.my/cream.php

http://food.zibb.com/trademark/nutrifil/29335028

Rich's Bettercreme doesn't require refrigeration when used on a cake (it's shelf stable at normal room temperature for 5 days). Refrigeration of the unused product is recommended for short term storage, or freezing for long term storage.

HTH

sarascakecreations Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 12:43pm
post #3 of 7

Ok so if I understand correctly once it's whipped up it doesn't need refrigeration? does anyone know if it stabilizes well on it's own?

JanH Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 6:09am
post #4 of 7

Rich's Bettercreme doesn't need refrigeration for 5 days at normal room temperature once it's on the cake. And it is very stable. thumbs_up.gif

Just to be on the safe side, what do the directions on your Nutrifil container say?

HTH

sarascakecreations Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 1:22pm
post #5 of 7

The package says keep refrigerated on the top of the box.... on the side under directions it says: pour cold topping into a chilled bowl. Whip at medium speed until firm peeks are formed. do not overwhip.

nothing about if need to refrigerate after it's whipped or not :S

JanH Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 9:06pm
post #6 of 7

Well, it doesn't appear to be shelf stable then... icon_sad.gif

bakedinfsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakedinfsj Posted 12 Jun 2013 , 11:59pm
post #7 of 7

It is definitely shelf stable, this is a bunge oil product, I was given some by a representative today at a food show today, they just had it sitting out on the tables, it is to be refrigerated before so that full-volume whipping is promoted, and they told me it is shelf stable for several hours if not more. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%