Need A Filling With These Ingredients!

Baking By theCword Updated 21 Jul 2011 , 1:20pm by theCword

theCword Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theCword Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 4:38am
post #1 of 4

Hello from a newbie!

I toought my next cake was weeks away but I had the itch and I came up with an excuse- a later father's day present! REALLY LATE! But we're going for a quick visit this weekend and I want to drop off a cake at my parents house who live 3 1/2 hours away.

I made the WASC cake. It will be a 2 layer 9 incher. I will also be trying a new BC recipe. I could use it as filling but I'm experimenting here so I'm wondering if I have a potential filling here at home ready to be played with.

Here are some ingredients I have.. Please tell me if I can do something with them.

*nestle pre-melted unsweetened chocolate flavor choco bake (was on clearance and I bought 2 boxes!)
*hershey cocoa powder unsweetened
*marshmallows
*light corn syrup
*cranberry flavored Jello
*organic strawberry fruit spread

I have no idea and that's why I'm asking. Maybe these ingredients have nothing to do with each other but thought I'd try!!

I will be traveling with the made cake but will have the A/C cranked up! TIA!!!

3 replies
step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 5:02am
post #2 of 4

well, i know that chocolate goes really well with the WASC...you could just add your cocoa powder to you bc icon_wink.gif

madcobbler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madcobbler Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 5:13am
post #3 of 4

You could fill the WASC cake with the strawberry fruit spread. I would save the marshmallows and cocoa powder for a rocky road cake in the future. Light corn syrup is always good to have on hand for thinning buttercream icing.

theCword Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theCword Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 1:20pm
post #4 of 4

step- i thought of that... at least using chocolate bc for filling while the cake covered in reg bc.. yum

mad- can i do that? i was hoping i could use that spread just didnt know if i "could"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%