Printer Problem Help!

Decorating By Molly2 Updated 22 Jul 2011 , 12:15pm by icingimages

Molly2 Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 4:01am
post #1 of 11

I have an Epson cx8400 printer here lately when I print my colors are not mixing( red looks rust color ) can anyone tell me if youve had this problem would it be a problem with the printer or the ink Im thinking about getting a new printer but want to make sure the printer is the problem before I spend money on this new printer.

Thank You
Molly

10 replies
icingimages Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 4:56am
post #2 of 11

It sounds like you may have a clog or a partial clog in the red. I would run a nozzle check to see if that is what the problem is. Unfortunatley, with the Epsons, you are limited in getting clogs out. Let me know if that is the problem and I can try and help you

misabel99 Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 10:43am
post #3 of 11

I have the same problem with my printer a
IP3500 canon the magenta color is not printing and I tried everything already icon_cry.gif

icingimages Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 12:35pm
post #4 of 11

misabel99...If you are an Icing Images customer, sign in to your account on our website and go to the support section. Under troubleshooting, look for the document that discusses dampening your sponge. There is a "sponge" in the printer that when it dries, it does not pull the ink through properly. It makes it appear that there is a printhead problem, when infact the dry sponge impedes the printer from pulling the ink through. Try that...If it doesnt work, call us, we will be glad to help you...or anyone who needs help.

Molly2 Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 2:06pm
post #5 of 11

icingimages

Thank you so much for replying I only do this as a hobby do you sale the ink for the cannon I am looking at buying a new printer but not something too expensive since I only do this for fun, the printer I have is a Epson cx8400 and Ive had it for about 7 yrs so its done its job I dont like dealing with Kopykakes their customer service is not very good so please any info you can give me will be greatly appreciated
Thank you again
Molly thumbs_up.gif

icingimages Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 9:47pm
post #6 of 11

I love the canon mx5220. It works with our new elite series cartridges which are sponge free

Molly2 Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 10:50pm
post #7 of 11

Is this stand free? Can it be connected to my computer? And how long is the delivery for the editable ink from your company Im in Texas.

Molly

icingimages Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 1:34am
post #8 of 11

Yes and yes and texas takes between 2-4 days depending on where in Fedex. THat is via ground, but we have shipping options!

Molly2 Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 3:58am
post #9 of 11

Thank You so much for your help

Molly thumbs_up.gif

Mikel79 Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 11:20am
post #10 of 11

Sounds like a clog printer head. Icingimages.com sells a steamer and a cleaning mix to help you with this problem.

Your printer is more than likely fine. Food coloring ink will clog more than regular ink.

I had this problem. I was able to unclog the printer head from the directions recvd. from icingimages.com

Here is a picture of a image I did from icingimages ink and after I fixed the clog...

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2104267

HTH

Michael

icingimages Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 12:15pm
post #11 of 11

The problem is that she has an epson and you cant manually clean the clog out of an epson.....icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%