Have 2 9Inch Wasc In Oven Right Now! How Long To Bake?

Baking By theCword Updated 21 Jul 2011 , 3:46am by theCword

theCword Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 3:20am
post #1 of 5

How long do I let these bake for?

4 replies
kelleym Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 3:28am
post #2 of 5

Until it's done... icon_wink.gif

But seriously, it depends on what temp you're baking them at, what kind of pans you're using, the variance of your oven, etc. I personally would check on them after about 30-35 minutes. Smell is a good indicator, once the house starts to smell good, they're almost there. I've gotten to the point where I can jiggle the oven rack slightly and tell how much longer the cakes have by the way they do or don't jiggle. If there's any jiggliness left on top, close the oven and come back in 10 minutes. If there's no jiggle, stick a toothpick in the middle. If it comes out clean, or with just a couple of crumbs (real crumbs, not batter) clinging to it, they're done.

Hope this helps!

theCword Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 3:35am
post #3 of 5

i have them baking at 325.. they're cuisinart pans.

i set the timer for 22 min which is way too low for 325 so i'll check them at 25 minutes.

thanks! i'll check for jiggle!!

kelleym Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 3:37am
post #4 of 5

Oh yeah, it also depends on how full they are. I fill my pans pretty full, 2/3, so mine would not be anywhere near ready after 25 minutes. Of course my oven is a bit slow... icon_biggrin.gif

theCword Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 3:46am
post #5 of 5

i filled them 2/3 this time too (vs 1/2 full like always but never get a 2 inch cake!) and i also made me own bake even strips. I just turned the light on to check and omgoodness, those are the prettiest looking level cakes!! i added 10 minutes to the timer..

Quote by @%username% on %date%