Help, Can Someone Tell Me How To Make These Cupcakes?

Baking By marion123 Updated 21 Jul 2011 , 2:54am by SarahL4683

marion123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marion123 Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 8:38pm
post #1 of 9

I would love to make these cupcakes for next weekend for my daughter's bday.. Can anyone tell me how they would start them? I'm nervouse with the nose..
Any help would be so appreciated..

8 replies
marion123 Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 8:49pm
post #2 of 9

Sorry, it didn't post the picture.. Hope this helps..

SarahL4683 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahL4683 Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 9

still no pic...

marion123 Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 12:31am
post #4 of 9

Hope this works..

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 12:44am
post #5 of 9

Picture attachments often don't work. Try putting the picture in Flickr or Photobucket and then posting the link.

marion123 Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 12:50am
post #7 of 9

Thank you so much, Shanter.. It finally worked!!!!

SarahL4683 Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 2:37am
post #8 of 9

I literally just did ones like that this weekend! I dipped my cupcakes in slightly melted BC tinted yellow and I added the details in fondant. Used round cutters for the eyes and a tiny rectangle for the teeth. I piped the mouth in BC. I only took a pic on my cell phone so I'm not sure how I'd get the image to you... If you PM me your email, I can send it that way...

SarahL4683 Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 2:54am
post #9 of 9

I sent the pic, let me know if you get it. To get the smooth look on the yellow frosting, tint your BC the desired color (i use my own all butter recipe, but I've heard this works well on store bought frosting as well) and put in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 10 seconds at a time. You don't want it to liquify, you just want it to be soft. It should coat the back of a spoon without dripping off. Stir after each 10 seconds. Depending on how much frosting you're using will depend how long you zap for. You may only need to microwave for 10 seconds. It really depends on the amount and your microwave. If you're doing a lot of cupcakes you may need to put it back in the microwave halfway through to get it back to the right consistency. I would let them set up in the fridge before you work on them further (thats what I do), I find them harder to mess up the frosting that way. You will also need frosting tinted the rest of the colors you need, but those don't need to be melted down, just piped on. You can use the round cutter sets (wilton makes a 3 piece one for fondant) to use as a template for the eyes so you get perfect circles, just make a light imprint in your frosting with the cutter and pipe there. I free handed the mouth.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%