Petunia Flowers

Decorating By benice Updated 21 Jul 2011 , 12:17am by CWR41

benice Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 6

So I am making a cake with petunias made out of Royle Icing. I had already done some flowers my problem is that when I try to seperate the flowers from the foil they seem to break or crack. How do I get the foil seperated from the flower? please help

5 replies
CalhounsCakery Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 6:45pm
post #2 of 6

A couple things. The flowers may not be dry enough yet. Try letting them set for 3-4 days. Another is that your foil may not be smooth enough before starting the flower. If it isn't perfectly smooth, the icing can get in the cracks and stick. Make sure you a re using the silver isde, not the gold side, the gold sticks more. When all else fails, I have actually stuck mine in the freezer to harden them up more and peeled the foil off.

benice Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 7:44pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks for the quick reply. I will wait another day if not ill stick in the freezer. Hopefully that will work.

TexasSugar Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 8:19pm
post #4 of 6

I wouldn't stick them in the freezer myself. Royal and condensation are not a good match.

You can poke holes in the bottom to help get air up in there.

You can also put them in the oven, with just the oven light on, and that will help dry them out faster.

CalhounsCakery Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 12:12am
post #5 of 6

I can't say I've ever had a problem with condensation by putting them in the freezer. I do like the idea of poking a hole in them though.

CWR41 Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 12:17am
post #6 of 6

Condensation doesn't happen when you put them in the freezer, it's when you take them out... and moisture will break down royal icing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%