Anyone With A Good Recipe???

Baking By sabileos1 Updated 22 Jul 2011 , 5:36pm by flourjuice

sabileos1 Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone have a good recipe for chocolate ganache that would work good under Fondant???
And also a good recipe for the frosting that goes on a German chocolate cake??? I'm getting mixed reviews on the one's that I've seen .....pleasee!![/code]

7 replies
JSKConfections Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 8

Try this recipe. I found this recipe 2 years ago and it is delicious!

JSKConfections Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 4:48pm
post #3 of 8

Also, use high quality chocolate it really makes a difference in the taste. I use Ghirardelli Chocolate when making Ganache.

Moovaughan Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 5:19pm
post #4 of 8

When you've made your ganache and followed all instructions and it is ready to use, whip that bad boy with a hand mixer, it will spread easier if you whip it. If it starts to harden up before you're finished, pop it in the microwave for about 10 secs and then whip it again. I find the whipped ganache also tastes lighter because thats a lot of richness right under the sweetness of the fondant. If you let your "crumb coat" set up make sure to "lightly" brush very hot water to slightly melt or make sticky the ganache before you put the fondant on it.

sabileos1 Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 5:08am
post #5 of 8

I am gonna go with that recipe posted (thanks!!!!) But if I whip it to get it light and fluffy does it have to be put in the fridge or can other sit out over night once the cake is covered in Fondant?

Moovaughan Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 5:04pm
post #6 of 8

Whipping it won't change its shelf life, it will be find sitting out, it will only make it easier to apply to the cake!

LisaPeps Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 5:29pm
post #7 of 8

For ganache under fondant instead of buttercream I use 2 parts chocolate to 1 part cream (dark choc) and 3 parts choc to 1 part cream (white choc), I don't whip it.

I only whip it if I'm using it as a filling.

flourjuice Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 5:36pm
post #8 of 8

1 1/2 stick of unsalted butter
1/4 cup shortening
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
3 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder

Beat butter and shortening until whipped. Add salt, vanilla and 1 cup of powdered sugar. Blend. Next, add whipping cream. Gradually add remaining powdered sugar and cocoa powder.

This frosting is sooooo yummy. I usually make this x 4. Also, remove the cocoa powdered and add the same amount of powdered sugar to make a WONDERFUL vanilla butter cream.

This is my favorite chocolate butter cream. I use it all the time, including on my german chocolate cake. Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%