Need Ideas Asap!!

Decorating By sechrestloans Updated 20 Jul 2011 , 5:33pm by Moovaughan

sechrestloans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sechrestloans Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 3:46pm
post #1 of 5

Just got an order today for next week.. 2 tier , for a man in his 20's he is going to chiropractic school and is really into karate.. so is girlfriend wants it skeleton/chiropractic/karate themed.. im at a total loss!! Any ideas???? thanks!

4 replies
shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 4:13pm
post #2 of 5

The first thing that comes to mind is a figure of a skeleton dressed in the loose white pants and jacket with the appropriate-colored belt. You could do it flat on top of the cake; pipe or transfer the skeleton (or the parts that would show) and then lay on the fondant "suit." Or, you could make a stand-up figure. Since it is only a skeleton, I would buy a cheap plastic small skeleton and then dress it in fondant. I'm not sure how you would get it to stay upright because I've never tried that sort of thing. I hope someone else knows more about it.

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 5:02pm
post #3 of 5

Find out what degree he is in karate and make a wide ribbon "belt" for both tiers of the cake and tie it to look like the belt on his gi. How good are you at cutting figures out? You could make guys in different Karate poses around the cake. I'd maybe do a skeleton topper.

sechrestloans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sechrestloans Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 5:15pm
post #4 of 5

I can cut the figures decently.. the karate theme seems fun to me, it was how to incorporate the whole skeleton theme without it looking evil like.. does that make sense?

Moovaughan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moovaughan Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 5:33pm
post #5 of 5

Did you see the original Karate Kid? the head band that Mr. Miagi gave to Daniel, it was a white with a black sunburst. Find out his belt color and then do a ribbon around the cake kinda like a headband and in the center of the ribbon put the chiropractic logo! or.... do a wide strip of fondant the color of his current belt and then mold a white spinal column out of gumpast or fondant and stick that to the center of the colored strip and use that as a border around the cake, it will be just abstract enough not to look halloween'ish.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%