Costco Icing - Please, Please Reply

Baking By cblupe Updated 20 Jul 2011 , 5:02pm by AnnieCahill

cblupe Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 3:19pm
post #1 of 8

If any of you purchase the bucket icing from Costco would you please, please reply what state you purchase it in?

My Costco said they don't sell it and I am wondering if any of the Costco's across the country did and if so why the company does in some states and not others.

This is important to me so please reply. Thank you so much!

7 replies
ReneeFLL Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 3:26pm
post #2 of 8

My Costco does not sell it, but the Sams Club does.

AnnieCahill Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 3:26pm
post #3 of 8

I just called my Costco (I live in VA) and they don't sell it. The decision whether or not to sell is probably left at the discretion of the warehouse or bakery manager. If you want to know for sure, why don't you call corporate headquarters? I'm not sure that anyone here at CC would be able to tell you why some sell and some don't...

Rose_N_Crantz Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 3:43pm
post #4 of 8

It has to do with supplies. I never worked at a Costco, but I did work at a Sam's Club and we would sell buckets of our frosting to customers as long as we had enough. Just recently though they've implemented a new ordering policy which doesn't allow for any extra supplies whatsoever. So if Costco has this same policy, I can see why they wouldn't sell their frosting. They need so make sure they have enough for their own orders. Why would some sell it and some not? I think it would have to do with the management at the store. Some managers are strictly by the book, others are more lax. Perhaps you just need to call around.

Would you be buying their frosting on a regular basis? If so, talk with the manager or supervisor in charge of ordering. Find out when their orders come in and see if you can work something out where they'll order an extra bucket for you, since you're going to be a regular customer.

icer101 Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 4:11pm
post #5 of 8

At Costco, it is frosting pride. AT sam's it is bettercream. That is what i am told and also seen on this site. I love them both.

AnnieCahill Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 4:22pm
post #6 of 8

I'm not sure if they use Frosting Pride at our Costco-the icing is very heavy and there is definitely powdered sugar in it because I can feel it when I eat it.

From what I understand Frosting Pride is the same as Bettercreme and I've had Bettercreme-it tastes a lot like Cool Whip and has an identical texture to it.

ReneeFLL Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 4:38pm
post #7 of 8
Originally Posted by cblupe

This is important to me so please reply. Thank you so much!

Just curious, but why is it so important to you? If they don't sell it, I would just move on and find another place or make your own.

AnnieCahill Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 5:02pm
post #8 of 8

I agree-there are tons of great BC recipes on this site which are way better than Costco icing from a bucket!

Quote by @%username% on %date%