I Need A Idea!!!!

Decorating By Sweet_Cakes Updated 25 Jul 2011 , 5:37am by microunique

Sweet_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Cakes Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 2:40am
post #1 of 3

So, I recently was burned out from making cakes. Now, I want to get back into it and learn more about fondant sculpting and gumpaste sculpting. So, I decided I want to make a cake just because. Can anyone give me an idea of a relativaly simple cake that I should make...to practice with...it will probably be eaten by my husband so it doesn't matter what it looks like...but I want to sculpt and mold and make a cake that is as far from a sheet cake as possible... icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
pastrygirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrygirls Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 2:58am
post #2 of 3

i think round cakes are a good start. gives you practice in getting a cake symetrical and even on all sides. or maybe a pumpkin. then you can do leaves, and maybe even sculpt a scarecrow to go with it.

microunique Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
microunique Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 5:37am
post #3 of 3

It is simple to make fondant figures like pigs, cows & clowns by the use of gumpaste. Gumpaste is the great idea to use fondant mixed together with gumpaste to make softer & simple cakes if the shape could start collapsing and will also take more days and up to a week to dry. Marzipan is most useful medium of choice by new cake makes because it is easy to use and the results are very predictable. Fondant works well for cutouts that you want on your cake to impress your husband. You can simply create things such as leaves, palm trees, flat flowers, silhouettes etc. You might be able to use the fondant for very small things such as tiny apples, pears, ropes, grapes, tiny baby booties. So enjoy the simple and easy creation of cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%