Anyone Have A Dulce De Leche Filling?

Baking By CakelynsFinest Updated 31 Jul 2011 , 1:43pm by CakelynsFinest

CakelynsFinest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakelynsFinest Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 12:16am
post #1 of 4

I have to do a wedding cake in a few weeks. She wants a dulce de leche filling. I know the boiling the can of condensed milk recipe but am not sure if that is stable enough for a stacked cake. Has anyone tried it on a wedding cake or have another good recipe? Thanks.

3 replies
bubbiesbougie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubbiesbougie Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 3:27pm
post #2 of 4

I use the dulce de leche found in the ethnic isle at walmart. Not sure who it's made by but I know it's only in the ethnic section. I have used it in stacked and carved cakes as a filling. It's a little thick but I usually mix it with a little buttercream to help it smooth better. It taste great too. You could also heat it just a tiny bit to help it smooth out.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 9:57pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbiesbougie

I use the dulce de leche found in the ethnic isle at walmart. Not sure who it's made by but I know it's only in the ethnic section. .

Nestle's makes it.

It is thick, I usually just heat it in the microwave for a few seconds. You can also add a little cream to it.

It has held up for me for me with no issues. I've used it many times on different cakes.

CakelynsFinest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakelynsFinest Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 1:43pm
post #4 of 4

Sorry! I didn't even know anyone responded to this question! So would you say the store bought dulce de leche would be better or easier than boiling the can? Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%