New Here, Too

Lounge By ForTheLoveOfFrosting Updated 20 Jul 2011 , 10:56pm by kakeladi

ForTheLoveOfFrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ForTheLoveOfFrosting Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 7:08pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone! I'm Lisa. I've been reading the forums for quite some time and finally decided to join. I've learned some amazing tips, seen quite the array of incredible works of art, and look forward to hopefully contributing some of my own experiences/designs.

A little about me.. I'll be 44 on Sunday and live on Long Island, NY. I married the most incredible man on 8.8.08 in Cancun, Mexico. Together we have 6 kids (14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 23), so our home is never empty!! I'm the Vice President of Operations for a major corporate promotions company, but baking is my passion. My husband is a police sgt, so when he's on duty, I don't sleep. Which is how my baking spiraled out of control. We just rescued 2 English Bulldogs (Spanx and Minnie) and foster a third for the Long Island Bulldog Rescue. Yes, because 6 kids wasn't enough.... haha

Some of my latest creations include:
a 2-foot tall Wizard of Oz cake (I've tried attaching a pic, it's just not working)
a 16" long Moving Van cake
A 3-tier butterfly themed first birthday cake
cake pops
cupcakes, cupcakes and more cupcakes

I have a blog: www.fortheloveoffrosting.blogspot.com
It's not updated as often as I'd like, but it's getting there!! I have 18 more posts to write to bring it current. It's a work in progress!

Looking forward to getting to know you guys!
Lisa

2 replies
mimido Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimido Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 9:49pm
post #2 of 3

Welcome Lisa. you will really enjoy this site. There is always something to learn.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 10:56pm
post #3 of 3

Nice to have you aroundicon_smile.gif
I'm a retired baker. This week I made 3 dummy cakes to enter in my county fair.
I try to help the new up-starts w/things I have learned in my 35 yrs of decorating icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%