Making Cake For 'cake Pops'

Decorating By LittleBaker1218 Updated 19 Jul 2011 , 5:30pm by LittleBaker1218

LittleBaker1218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleBaker1218 Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 4:43pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone! so I need some suggestions/opinion...I'm organizing a co-worker's babyshower and i'm making a cake for my cake pops, i have quite a few things to get done..the shower is on August 11th...if I wanted to bake the cake ahead of time, when should I do it? I just don't want to leave it for the same few days that I'll be making the cupcakes and the mini cake...any suggestions how far in advance is ok to make cake that's not going to be used until August 11th icon_smile.gificon_cool.gif

4 replies
hvanaalst Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hvanaalst Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 4:52pm
post #2 of 5

I would just make it anytime, wrap it up and freeze it until you are ready to use it. I save all my cake tops from when I level cakes and do that and have a variety of cake flavors on hand when I feel like making pops.

LittleBaker1218 Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 5:01pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvanaalst

I would just make it anytime, wrap it up and freeze it until you are ready to use it. I save all my cake tops from when I level cakes and do that and have a variety of cake flavors on hand when I feel like making pops.

Oh ok! Thank you so much! can I ask you a question...I'm also making a fondant bow, do you think it's too early to make it? Sorry, I'm new at this!

lakeofthewoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lakeofthewoods Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 5:16pm
post #4 of 5

I make and sell cake pops on a regular basis. I have done quite a bit of 'testing'. I have not had any trouble freezing the already made, dipped and decorated pops. Just thaw them in the fridge for a day or two before the event. I have also kept them in the fridge no problem. Currently, because it is so humid here, I put them in an airtight container in the basement where it is cool. They keep fine for at least two weeks. (My husband and grand kids are always willing to test them for me.)

LittleBaker1218 Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 5:30pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeofthewoods

I make and sell cake pops on a regular basis. I have done quite a bit of 'testing'. I have not had any trouble freezing the already made, dipped and decorated pops. Just thaw them in the fridge for a day or two before the event. I have also kept them in the fridge no problem. Currently, because it is so humid here, I put them in an airtight container in the basement where it is cool. They keep fine for at least two weeks. (My husband and grand kids are always willing to test them for me.)

Oh perfect, so maybe I'll just start making them today and put them in the fridge! Thank you so much for the advice!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%