Ever Have One Of Those Days Where

Decorating By love2makecakes Updated 18 Jul 2011 , 9:15pm by love2makecakes

love2makecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
love2makecakes Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 7:54pm
post #1 of 5

the ideas are just not flowing? Ahhh.... sigh.... I am just stumped on ideas and its driving me nuts. I've been scouring the internet trying to find something to start my brain storming and nothing. Uggg! Just venting really.

4 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 8:03pm
post #2 of 5

I was that way this last month, for a cake to enter in to a cake show. Finally came up with what I would want to do, but now I don't have time to do it. icon_sad.gif

love2makecakes Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 8:17pm
post #3 of 5

Hopefully you can use that idea at another event??

I better come up with something soon! My cake is for this weekend! I have been swamped lately and haven't had anytime to draw it up. I've got the couples utter trust to come up with something fabulous so I better get on it! I have a general idea (because I know what my clients want), but I just can't seem to be happy with any drawing I do! I could usually get started and just tweak as I go, but I also have another cake this weekend so I just don't have the time to wing it!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 8:48pm
post #4 of 5

It's an idea I could use again.

The show isn't until next Saturday, so I may be able to figure out some time to do it. I'm not confident enough that I'm going to send in the early registration money. I'm leaving Friday to go to OK City for a Gum Paste flower class, will come home late Sunday night from that. Work a full time job, have two Wilton classes this week and two classes next week, with a possibility of one more class thrown in there.

I guess sometimes you just have to say, nope, not worth the stress.

Hope you find the idea you are looking for. I think the cakes where you don't have a lot of direction are often the hardest for me to figure out.

love2makecakes Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 9:15pm
post #5 of 5

Yeah, sometimes you think that decorator's choice is going to be great and then other times it really comes back to haunt you. I think it adds an element of extra stress since you are really trying to create what a bride wants yet you are not really sure what that is... Yikes!

Thanks and good luck to you too! Sounds like a full plate!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%