cakelady2266 Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 6:15pm
post #1 of

A friend ask me to make his son's 16th birthday cake for this coming Saturday. I ask him what he wanted and he said he was leaving it up to me. I ask if he had any special interest or hobbies I could focus on and he didn't. I'm not sure what would work. With girls you can do so many things, colorful, bows, zebra stripes etc....but boys. I have son's but they don't like cake.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

8 replies
Christyuofm Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 6:32pm
post #2 of

What about a driver's license? Or a car? Keys?

cakelady2266 Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 9:52pm
post #3 of

I thought about that. I did that for a 16 year old that failed his drivers test earlier that day.

Christyuofm Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 10:03pm
post #4 of

Oh no...I understand why you're wary. What about a computer? Or an IPad/IPhone?

matthewkyrankelly Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 10:04pm
post #5 of

The ubiquitous teenage gender neutral accessory- a cell phone.

cureVHAandCF Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 10:14pm
post #6 of

What about a sport/sports or a sports team?

DSmo Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 10:20pm
post #7 of

Graffiti

cakelady2266 Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 10:25pm
post #8 of

Thanks everybody for the great ideas. I apparently had a major brain fart.

dguerrant Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 12:52am
post #9 of

i see you are from alabama, does he hunt? one of my most popular for men and boys is a shot gun shell (a 16 guage in this case).

picture it....4 - 6" round cakes cut in half to make a semi-circle, you now have 8. stand them up with the cut edge on the board, frost the flat semi-circle side and stand up another to make a 3-d half cylinder. i crumb coat mine, then butercream it thick, drag a toothed frosting comb to make ridges. cut some gold/brass colored fondant to make the brass part of the shell, cover the end and paint with luster dust. use a flat tip to make the pleated end of the shell. do the lettering on the shell casing and on the brass end and your done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%