Do You Know How To Make This Flower?

Decorating By TickleMySweetTooth Updated 19 Jul 2011 , 12:44am by TickleMySweetTooth

TickleMySweetTooth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TickleMySweetTooth Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 6

Hey all!
Thanks again for all your help on finding this cake!
One more question though,

Does anyone know how to make this flower?
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1356762

I did contact Edna, but I know she is busy I do not expect her to get back to me at my convenience.. so as I wait for her to get back to me, can anyone else tell me how to make? either just instructions.. or video.. or tutorial.. anything would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!!

5 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 6:22pm
post #2 of 6

hi, you could do this flower freehanded, or use a 5 petal rose cutter. Then you would cut each petal seperate. Don,t roll too thin like you would if you were making the rose. These petals don,t look that thin,Pinch the end of the petal a little, you can see that this is done. Then , just make a ball for the center and flatten. You could actually make them ahead of time, or put together right on the cake. I like to make things ahead of time for time sake. hth any tear drop cutter will do also.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 6:22pm
post #3 of 6

rose petal cutter, pinch ends. Place flattened disk in the middle.

cakesbybert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbybert Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 6:23pm
post #4 of 6

Just a guess, but they look to be simply made using a circle cutter and then pinching one side together to make the pucker -

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 6:30pm
post #5 of 6

I'm going to guess a small circle cutter for the centers and a tear drop shaped cutter (like the ones used to cut individual rose petals) for the petals. If you pinch the narrow end of the petals, arrange them in a circle, allow them to dry a bit, then press the centers on them it would work. Alternatively, and given the size of them this might work better, you could cut and pinch the petals, cut the circles for the centers and arrange them right on the cake.

TickleMySweetTooth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TickleMySweetTooth Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 12:44am
post #6 of 6

thanks all!
Here is what I did icon_smile.gif

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2102058

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%