Need Ideas For A Disney Themed Wedding

Decorating By mythreegirls Updated 19 Jul 2011 , 1:24am by mythreegirls

mythreegirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mythreegirls Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 9

I am trying to come up with some ideas for making a wedding cake that is disney inspired along with some decorating ideas, I am going to be having my wedding and party in my backyard if this helps

8 replies
bakerliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerliz Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 5:05pm
post #2 of 9

For something more obviously Disney, you could do a Mickey/Minnie Bride/Groom topper. For something a little more subtle, you could do Mickey silhouettes in white on white cake. Or you go more with the princess theme and do silhouettes of things like Cinderella and Prince Charming, Ariel and Eric...so on and so on. Maybe that will get you started icon_smile.gif

QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 5:10pm
post #3 of 9

OMG! It's Disney! So much to choose from. First, ignore those that will surely come on here and talk about the legalities of doing a copyright cake. Your doing it just for you and I'm sure Disney won't hit you witha law suit. And yes, yes, we all know selling a copyright cake without permission is illegal, but your not selling it are you. It's just for you. So, anyway, are you going with an imparticular storyor just trying to get them all in. If your doing all of them, may I suggest the Disney Castle as a topper. You can actually order an exact choclate replica of it. Just google it and there is one site that sells authorized Disney choclate castles. So, if you do everyone, you can take pieces from each one like, the glass slipper, an apple, a rose, etc. you get what I mean. I'm sure it will come out lovely.

RubiPumps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RubiPumps Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 5:14pm
post #4 of 9

Here are some links to cakes on here:

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1519512

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this one:

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2069715

Good luck!
Sheila

chrisviz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrisviz Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 5:19pm
post #5 of 9

Oh go subtle! It will be so cute/pretty with silhouettes, etc. Maybe subtle silhouettes in unexpected places... kinda like all the hidden Mickie's at DL and DW. You will have to post how everything turns out.

White on white silhouettes would be really elegant!

ampmgal81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ampmgal81 Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 5:31pm
post #6 of 9

Or... go all out, like I would do and make the Cinderella castle!!!!

southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 5:37pm
post #7 of 9

[quote="QTCakes1"]OMG! It's Disney! So much to choose from. First, ignore those that will surely come on here and talk about the legalities of doing a copyright cake. Your doing it just for you and I'm sure Disney won't hit you witha law suit. And yes, yes, we all know selling a copyright cake without permission is illegal,

LOL...that's the first think I thought too....the cake police will descend on this thread! By the way, you wouldn't get hit with a lawsuit. Worse case senarior if you were doing this commercially, you might get a cease and desist letter (after the cake police ratted you out!) But I assure you, no one will be shot at dawn.

JSKConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JSKConfections Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 5:49pm
post #8 of 9

Check out my photos. I have a photo on there of a Disney themed wedding cake. Maybe it can give you some inspiration. The topper was found on the internet.

mythreegirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mythreegirls Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 1:24am
post #9 of 9

yes I don't want anyone getting upset with this, I am going to use a disney topper along with disney toasting glasses I just ordered from disney world, I love the ideas of a silohettes or even hidden mickeys that disney is so famous for, and this will not be attended by alot of people as I am only having a small wedding for family and close friends so there will only be about 25 people on top of that this will be my first tiered cake so it is very exciting...Now I am trying to come up with the cake flavors, the two I have come up with is white cake with a strawberry filling and white chocolate buttercream and the other cake chocolate with rasberry filling with the white chocolate buttercream, do you think these will work, I have never made cakes with fillings so I am trying to find the best ones along with the best icing recipes...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%