Mmf Question

Decorating By theCword Updated 18 Jul 2011 , 1:24pm by cakestyles

theCword Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theCword Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 3:53am
post #1 of 7

what should the final product feel like?

i am sure the texture is right as far as the fondant is concerned but with all the rolling and powdered sugar use, it feels grainy when I touch it from the ps that i used on the counter for it not to stick. how do i get rid of this???

6 replies
cakestyles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestyles Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 3:57am
post #2 of 7

It may feel grainy right after you've made it, but if you wrap it tightly and allow it to rest overnight, it'll smooth out.

It'll feel perfectly smooth, like regular fondant.

theCword Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 4:03am
post #3 of 7

how do i wrap it? currently it's in a covered cake plastic container to make it easier to take it to work tomorrow.

i assume you mean with saran wrap? do i wrap it loosely or tightly? sorry, it's my 1st time and have no clue.

littlestruedel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlestruedel Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 4:12am
post #4 of 7

I rub shortening all over the ball of MMF and the tightly wrap in saran wrap overnight.

theCword Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 4:47am
post #5 of 7

i reread this and i get what ya'll are saying.. the problem is that I used my fondant right after rolling. OOPS! didnt' know i was supposed to let it sit overnight. icon_redface.gif

whats the purpose of letting it sit anyway?

well hopefully the co-workers like free cake regardless haha

SarahL4683 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahL4683 Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 5:01am
post #6 of 7

I also grease mine up with shortening and wrap it in saran wrap overnight. It needs to rest a bit, I find it too soft to use right away.

cakestyles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestyles Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 1:24pm
post #7 of 7

By allowing it to rest all of the sugar has a chance to dissolve which will result in a smoother finished product.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%