A Huge Thank You!!! It Was A Hit!

Decorating By Wildgirl Updated 17 Jul 2011 , 7:38am by AnnieCahill

Wildgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildgirl Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 3:35am
post #1 of 3

The most agonizing experience I've had in a long time. I've never had so many things go wrong with one project - but in the end it was well worth it. I had so many wonderful comments - many thought it was professionally done, they thought my roses were perfect (fooled them! lol!), they loved the peanut butter cake - which by the way I followed one of your suggestions to fill with a combination of chocolate buttercream and the maraschino jelly. I could see all my flaws, but it looked good to everyone there. I'm not sure what to think about the comment "oh good, now I know who to go to when I need a cake" - but maybe by then the pain of this one will be forgotten. I certainly learned a lot, so hopefully the next experience won't be as painful.

So a HUGE thank you to all of you that were patient enough with me to give me advice and suggestions - you made me really look good!!!! So glad I found this place! icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 4:06am
post #2 of 3

I'm glad it worked out for you! It does get easier - and even when you have you have more experience, you'll still run into projects every once in while where everything seems to go wrong. I'm having one of those now, so I walked away for a little while before I just drop it in the trash and go to bed! icon_evil.gif

The good thing about each time you run into a hiccup is you can take a mental note and know how to fix it or avoid it next time! It doesn't help in the moment, but it will pay off eventually. Now relax and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 7:38am
post #3 of 3

Yep last weekend was one of those bad cake weekends for me. I started off with leftover blue icing and tried to make it purple; it turned into this funky gray but I kept adding red and violet until it got the shade I wanted. Then I dropped a huge blob of icing on the floor and it looked like a purple cow pattie. My icing wouldn't smooth worth a crap, and my fondant flowers didn't look the way I intended. However, the recipient loved it and I was damn glad to get that thing out of my house!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%