How Would You Do This? Please Help Me!

Decorating By coloradoflower Updated 16 Jul 2011 , 10:33pm by coloradoflower

coloradoflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coloradoflower Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 3

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2099078/

My little boy saw this cake and now it is the only one he wants for his birthday. I already PM'd the person who made the cake. But just case the person doesn't respond before my son's birthday. How in the world would you wonderful people go about making the dinosaur, I am clueless on that part.
i have only two weeks to figure this out.

I have looked on google and youtube for instructions but the way the people do it, it's not the type of dinosaur my son wants. this cake is perfect.

2 replies
nonilm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonilm Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 10:18pm
post #2 of 3

Looks like layered pieces cut from fondant. Just roll out the fondant and cut the different pieces. You could add additional different pieces to get the height or just roll your fondant thicker.

I have used this technigue many times. I print out a picture of what I want to replicate at it's final size and then cut out the pieces like a puzzle. I then roll out my fondant, place each "puzzle piece" on the appropriate color and cut out with a sharp knife. Then put together on the cake. I would free form make the teeth and green bumps and add with gum glue or piping gel.

Use some gumpaste tools to carve some details and paint or airbrush the cracks and mouth area.

Good luck, it a cool cake!

coloradoflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coloradoflower Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 10:33pm
post #3 of 3

Ahh very cool.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%