Vanilla, Red Velvet And Devils Food! Cream Cheese Frosting

Baking By RiePie Updated 17 Jul 2011 , 7:01am by scp1127

RiePie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RiePie Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 7:48pm
post #1 of 10

Any AMAZING recipes? i need them for cupcakes for a wedding! and any cream cheese frosting??

9 replies
apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 8:13pm
post #2 of 10

Paula Deen has the most awesome cream cheese icing in my opinion! :c)

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 8:41pm
post #3 of 10

don't know where you're from...but it's freakin hot and humid in my neck of the woods icon_lol.gif learned from experience this past weekend that shortening with trans fat is needed in my cream cheese frosting. i had a red velvet mush cake that didn't hold up under fondant and the heat icon_sad.gif good luck!

Brevity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brevity Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 9:26pm
post #4 of 10

....I can't help it, I have to make a snarky comment...why did you take an order - for a wedding - for something you don't have a recipe for? At this point why not just get a box mix?

RiePie Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 9:45pm
post #5 of 10

i have recipes, just seeing if the are any that people suggest!

coloradoflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coloradoflower Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 10:05pm
post #6 of 10

This Cakeman's Raven red velvet recipe

http://newyork.timeout.com/things-to-do/this-week-in-new-york/18938/recipe-red-velvet-cake
For the red velvet is my favorite, but with Paula Deen's cream cheese frosting

Good luck icon_biggrin.gif

CreativeCakesbyMichelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeCakesbyMichelle Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 10:10pm
post #7 of 10

I've used the Cakeman Raven recipe from the Food Network website and my family all liked it. I used it to make 4 6-inch rounds and accidentally burned the edges a little (stupid me accidentally set the oven to 450 instead of 350 and didn't notice till halfway through baking time) and there were still really good. I froze them to take to my parent's house later for taste testing. My boyfriend and I just ate the last two rounds from the freezer (I think they were frozen about 3 months?) last week with a cooked flour frosting and the cake was still great.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sara-moulton/southern-red-velvet-cake-recipe/index.html

For cream cheese frosting I usually do an American buttercream with half butter and half cream cheese, powdered sugar, a little milk, and vanilla extract. Not sure on the amounts because I just add ingredients until I get the right taste and consistency.

RiePie Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 12:02am
post #8 of 10

Thank you sooo much! This is my first wedding and its for my aunt! she wants cupcakes! 150 and a cake. Im 14 years old icon_smile.gif)

brown_suga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brown_suga Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 1:07am
post #9 of 10

I really love paula dean's red velvet cupcake recipe. I use it whenever someone requests a red velvet cake. It's delicious. Very similar to cakeman raven's but i've never tried his because her version has never failed me. Her cream cheese frosting is delicious as well but I find it is not very stable in the heat so i use Toba Garret's recipe. It has high ratio shortening and meringue powder added which makes a lovely fluffy smooth frosting! You must try it if you haven't already. icon_smile.gif HTH

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 7:01am
post #10 of 10

I prefer Cakeman's cream cheese with almost equal butter and the least powdered sugar that I can get away with.

RiePie, do you have scratch baking experience? If you don't, I think you will be happier with a box mix unless you have plenty of time to practice. Pm me and I will give you a secret weapon for all three recipes that will wow the crowd... besides the fact that a 14 year old is the baker!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%