Agave In Michele Foster's Fondant?

Baking By shaekae81 Updated 19 Jul 2011 , 12:33pm by shaekae81

shaekae81 Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 10:08am
post #1 of 5

I saw this stuff in the store by the coffee sweetners....The brand name is Xagave and the consitancy seems to be sort of like glycerin...but it's darker in color....so my question is can I substitute it for the glycerin in MFF?

I'm thinking it would produce an offwhite color...which is fine as long as I didn't need bright white for the design.

Has anyone tried this? If you use Agave for anything, what?

TIA for ideas and thoughts icon_smile.gif

4 replies
shaekae81 Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 2:11pm
post #2 of 5

no one?

I didn't figure it was a popular ingredient since I didn't find much on it in the forums.

c-cakes Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 2:39pm
post #3 of 5

Agave is a natural sweetner made from the same plant that makes Tequila. It is great for Diabetics as it is low on the glycemic index. We use it in place of sugar in our tea, but I don't think you could use it to replace glycerin. Just my opinion.

secondbase Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 3:19pm
post #4 of 5

Agave wouldn't work as a replacement for glycerin. It is a liquid sweetener like the above user has stated. It can range anywhere from clear to amber in color depending on how much it has been processed. Use it any place you would use honey or simple syrup.

shaekae81 Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 12:33pm
post #5 of 5

Thank y'all for responding....I am unfamiliar with the product or its uses...thanks again! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%