How Do I Get This Effect From Butter Cream On Decorating

Decorating By Brendabeeper Updated 16 Jul 2011 , 3:56am by Brendabeeper

Brendabeeper Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 3:01am
post #1 of 5

I am doing a cake for a friend , this is the photo I was sent. They are asking for this look. Please someone tell me how did they do the top tier? I am using all butter cream . making tonight so any help is greatly appreciated

4 replies
Brendabeeper Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 3:06am
post #2 of 5

still having proplems posting photo in forum post questions I just uploaded photo in my photos it is the three tier super hero with the Hulk type on top. Please take a look and let me know if you know how they do this

platinumlady Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 3:15am
post #3 of 5

post the pic to flickr or photobucket then post the link. Right now the attach link on CC isn't working.

all4cake Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 3:28am
post #4 of 5

I would pipe blobs of icing, with a bit of space between, in the lighter green. Allow it to crust a bit or use a ps dusted finger on not-so-crusted icing. Then, press each blob. With the darker green, fill in the crevices between each of the lighter green blobs.

Brendabeeper Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 3:56am
post #5 of 5

THANK YOU ...all 4 cake, I was debating on how to do this and if I can stay off CC long enough maybe I could have done it , but I really appreciate your suggestion , long day today and creativity is dried up tonight. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%