How Do I Get This Effect From Butter Cream On Decorating

Decorating By Brendabeeper Updated 16 Jul 2011 , 3:56am by Brendabeeper

Brendabeeper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brendabeeper Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 3:01am
post #1 of 5

I am doing a cake for a friend , this is the photo I was sent. They are asking for this look. Please someone tell me how did they do the top tier? I am using all butter cream . making tonight so any help is greatly appreciated

4 replies
Brendabeeper Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 3:06am
post #2 of 5

still having proplems posting photo in forum post questions I just uploaded photo in my photos it is the three tier super hero with the Hulk type on top. Please take a look and let me know if you know how they do this

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 3:15am
post #3 of 5

post the pic to flickr or photobucket then post the link. Right now the attach link on CC isn't working.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 3:28am
post #4 of 5

I would pipe blobs of icing, with a bit of space between, in the lighter green. Allow it to crust a bit or use a ps dusted finger on not-so-crusted icing. Then, press each blob. With the darker green, fill in the crevices between each of the lighter green blobs.

Brendabeeper Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 3:56am
post #5 of 5

THANK YOU ...all 4 cake, I was debating on how to do this and if I can stay off CC long enough maybe I could have done it , but I really appreciate your suggestion , long day today and creativity is dried up tonight. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%