Tie Dye Fondant

Decorating By Torilee Updated 19 Jul 2011 , 8:40pm by theresaf

Torilee Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 2:02am
post #1 of 4

Hi. I am in the middle of making a cake right now and Im not 100% sure on how to do the fondant. I need to make it Tie Dye and or Marbled. I was wondering if anyone knew any good step by step instructions? Thanks so much.

3 replies
tappn1 Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 7:43pm
post #3 of 4

I just did a tie die fondnat covering on a cake Friday. I made my purple and had white. I rolled the white into a shape much like my forearm. I rolled the purple into the sme shape but smaller. I then twisted that like a roap and kneaded it slightly until it became marbeled or tie died looking. I did the same thing for the black except i kneaded it more so that the white was actually colored grey.

here is the link to my cake i just did using the tie dye look.
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2102557

theresaf Posted 19 Jul 2011 , 8:40pm
post #4 of 4

I made a marbled (some call it tie-dye) cake this weekend too. its in my photos. Be careful not to over-knead or over-roll because if you do, it blends the colors as opposed to making it 'streaky'. I layered colored on top of each other and then rolled. Darker colors, especially black, can swallow up your other colors! That's why the cake I posted isn't a black marble - I started over. I am just experimenting so that's what I have so far! Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%