Question: Floral Picks??

Decorating By lyndya Updated 16 Jul 2011 , 2:21am by shanter

lyndya Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 1:12am
post #1 of 5

Any websites where I can order white floral/water picks for fresh flowers on cakes???? thanks for any help

4 replies
shanter Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 1:53am
post #2 of 5

I think they are called cake spikes--one spike is for one flower.,default,pd.html?cgid=products-bakeware-wilton&start=1

There is also a thing called CakeVase.

I'm not sure what would work--obviously it would depend on the number of flowers you want on the cake and in what arrangement. The woman at my local cake shop recommended that I only use one spike in a layer, or the cake would tend to break apart. I haven't yet used the one spike that I bought.

There are other ways to put fresh flowers on cakes but I don't know what they are. Hope someone else here does. icon_smile.gif

lyndya Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 1:59am
post #3 of 5

Thats it!!!! Thanks so much. L.

GarciaGM Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 2:11am
post #4 of 5

This brings up a great point I need help on. Can anyone else chime in on how many spikes you can use per layer? I'll be using real calla lilies on a cake in three weeks, so I'm wondering if I can only get away with one spike per layer. Does anyone know? Thanks!

shanter Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 2:21am
post #5 of 5

I am picturing in my slightly addled head a cake with a ribbon (real, not fondant) around it. Seems to me that would help keep the layer from breaking apart.

Just thinkin' -- or trying anyway. It was kind of a Weird Week at Work. That's www.theweekendcannotgetherefastenough.tired


Quote by @%username% on %date%