Daisy Cake Tooper - Nned Help

Decorating By TMoe Updated 15 Jul 2011 , 5:03am by Marianna46

TMoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TMoe Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 6:29pm
post #1 of 2

Hello,

Has anyone ever used traditional daisys to make a topper?

Any advice you can give with the best way to use them would be great. Or pictures would be wonderful as well.

i.e. should I tape the stems, just stick them in the cake, stick them into foam?

Any and all help is appreciated!

1 reply
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 5:03am
post #2 of 2

There are lots of ways to do this, but the basic things to remember are 1) to get the flowers from a reputable florist so you can be sure they haven't been sprayed with any pesticides and 2) not to let any of the flowers come into direct contact with the cake. You can get these plastic "mini-vases" (that's not what they're called, but the name escapes me right now) that you can put each stem in before you put them into the cake. If they need to last a long time, you can even put water into some of these holders. You could also wrap the stems, dip them in chocolate and put them in bubble tea straws, soda straws or coffee stirrers (depending on the size of your stems or groupings) before you put them in the cake, like you would with the wire stems of gumpaste flowers. Whatever you decide, I'm sure your cake will be lovely. Post us a picture, okay?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%