Checkered Flag Cookie Technique?

Baking By stephilde Updated 17 Jul 2011 , 12:55pm by stephilde

stephilde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephilde Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 5:19pm
post #1 of 5

I am making some checkered flag racing cookies and trying to plan them out in my head. Does anyone have any input in the best way to make them even and nice looking. I am thinking maybe i should make a white filled cookie and put black checks over it or maybe make the grid pattern and fill in the individual checks. Any opinions on the best way to make this cookie look nice. For something so simple I think it is going to be hard to make everything look even and straight.

4 replies
rharris524 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rharris524 Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 12:03am
post #2 of 5

I've never done that but I would make the grid in black and flood each individual check. Other option, try not to make them straight. Make them like a waving flag. I think that would give you a little more flexibility with trying to get the lines perfect.

stephilde Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 1:19am
post #3 of 5

the way so i was i cut them out they look a little wavy so i was planning to make the lines that way. hopefully that will conceal any imperfections icon_smile.gif THANKS!!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 10:29pm
post #4 of 5

You run the risk of the icing bleeding when you put a dark color on a light background. It's way better to do the dark first, then add the light. Just a suggestion.

stephilde Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 12:55pm
post #5 of 5

i didnt think of that. thanks!!! I havent had my cookies bleed (although i havent done much with dark colors) but hear it happens a lot so its probably better to be safe

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%