Using Egg Whites In A Carton For Imbc

Baking By MelissaMay Updated 14 Jul 2011 , 12:32pm by klutzy_baker

MelissaMay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaMay Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 4:58am
post #1 of 5

HELP! this may be a dumb question...Can I use egg whites in a carton for this recipe? I think it would be time consuming to separate the eggs. I was also looking for it to be more cost effectine?

4 replies
3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 5:23am
post #2 of 5

Yes, you can....though some brands work better than others.

I make mine with Kroger brand. Depending on your area, you will need to figure out which works best for you. For me, the store brands have worked more consistently than the national brand.

MelissaMay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaMay Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 6:45am
post #3 of 5

perfect thank you so much...it seems like it's more cost effetive to buy a carton of egg whites than dozens of eggs...has anyone found this to be true?

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 7:25am
post #4 of 5

Absolutely true BUT you have to make sure you get the right brand. Some will not whip and you will just be out more time and money than if you were cracking them. Can't help you with the grocery store brands though, I buy mine commercially in giant buckets.

klutzy_baker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klutzy_baker Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 12:32pm
post #5 of 5

I have not made IMBC, but I just made SMBC with carton egg whites. They turned out fine. I personally couldn't see a difference during the process.

I used "All Whites" from Crystal Farms. I didn't have much of a selection though, as it was either that or walmart version and I found those pretty watery for cooking, so I didn't want to take the chance.

Good Luck!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%