Any Ideas Please?

Decorating By MyDiwa Updated 14 Jul 2011 , 3:59pm by GinnyK

MyDiwa Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 12:24am
post #1 of 4

I'm making a farewell cake for an amazing woman I could go on and on about. She is very, very hard-working and has created children's programs that help with literacy and other issues in under-served communities. I've come up with a design that I like. The top tier is where I would like some help please. I want to show her hands reaching out - the one hand has a heart in the palm for her tremendous compassion and complete giving of herself. The other hand is where I am stumped. I had thought of placing tools to show she's hard-working and she provides tools for children to be able to improve their lives. But literal "tools" just don't look right.

Does anyone have suggestions for me please?

3 replies
kimma1299 Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 12:33am
post #2 of 4

Okay, this is what I thought of right off the bat. What about using the items that the characters from the Wizard of Oz where looking for - a heart (you have that one) a brain, courage (he got a medal) etc. Those are all things that she would have taught them along with the educational aspect of her giving. Just a thought. Would love to see a pic when you are done.

MyDiwa Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 3:40pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks Kimma1299. I'm not familiar with the Wizard of Oz so I'll have to research that. Thanks for the idea. I'll be sure to post a picture icon_smile.gif

GinnyK Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 3:59pm
post #4 of 4

It occurs to me that you could sit a child on the palm of that hand. Fondant, gumpaste, whatever.

Quote by @%username% on %date%