White Chocolate Ganache And Complimenting Cake

Baking By cakefairy03 Updated 14 Jul 2011 , 3:26am by cakefairy03

cakefairy03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy03 Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 11:06pm
post #1 of 11

Two questions:
I want to make white chocolate ganache for a cake this weekend. Is there a go-to recipe out there?
Also, I am looking for a complimenting flavor for the cake. I have never made or tasted white chocolate, so I feel I wouldn't know what would taste best with the flavor. It's a surf themed baby shower, so I was thinking something tropical, maybe pineapple or mango.

I'd appreciate any suggestions!!! TIA!

10 replies
JessiesCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessiesCreations Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 11:26pm
post #2 of 11

I made a white chocolate cheesecake and layered it with moist red velvet cake, tasted great.

cakefairy03 Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 1:11am
post #3 of 11

Thanks for the reply...but the baby momma does NOT like red velvet cake.

Any other suggestions?!

VaBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VaBelle Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 1:15am
post #4 of 11

I made a pink champagne cake with with a strawberry filling and used the white chocolate ganache to ice. It was awesome! My friends said it was one of the best I've made so far!

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 1:35am
post #5 of 11

If you go by weight, you should use 3:1 ratio for white chocolate and cream.

I think mango will go well with it. I have combined peaches once and raspberries another time and both times it was delicious together with white chocolate (it was not a ganache but it was still a flavor combination...)

Good luck!

JessiesCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessiesCreations Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 1:48am
post #6 of 11

Sounds delicious!

mandyloo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandyloo Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 1:53am
post #7 of 11

I covered a lemon cake filled with lime curd in white chocolate and it was amaaaazing. icon_razz.gif

kearniesue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kearniesue Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 2:26am
post #8 of 11

This thread had some great info on ganache. Also, i use either chocolate or white with almost any flavor, and it's always yummy icon_smile.gif

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-718828.html

gatorcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gatorcake Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 2:57am
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefairy03

I have never made or tasted white chocolate, so I feel I wouldn't know what would taste best with the flavor.
I'd appreciate any suggestions!!! TIA!

Should buy some and taste it. Here is the catch if you want to taste white chocolate then you need to make sure it has cocoa butter in it. For instance i most (if not all) of the white baking chips in the grocery store contain no cocoa butter which is why they are labeled "White Chips." You should taste these too.

Now that does not mean that one cannot make "White Chocolate Ganache" with "white chips," I am sure people make fine ganaches with them. Point is if you are not familiar with white chocolate, you should know that there is a difference between white chips and true white chocolate. White chocolate is more pricey than white chips precisely because it is made with cocoa butter.

madcobbler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madcobbler Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 3:12am
post #10 of 11

I use white chocolate ganache with a white cake filled with raspberries or strawberries, a cherry almond cake, an apricot orange cake, and a coconut almond poppyseed cake. Definitely, if you make your own use white chocolate made with cocoa butter.

cakefairy03 Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 3:26am
post #11 of 11

Thanks for all the suggestions! Now the hard part...actually deciding which one to use!

Also, thanks for the tips on which white chocolate to buy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%