Eggless Cake Recipes

Baking By pecanrican Updated 14 Jul 2011 , 12:58pm by pecanrican

pecanrican Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pecanrican Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 7:25pm
post #1 of 5

Does anyone happen to have good cake recipes that do not use eggs? I have someone that keeps asking but I have never tried it.

4 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 10:19am
post #2 of 5

Just google vegan recipes. You will find a few that are highly rated. I found the ones with white vinegar to be the best tasting in vanilla cakes.

ctirella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ctirella Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 11:06am
post #3 of 5

i use this recipe for my vegan baby shower cake dieper bag and was delicios. Perfect-Ending Mocha Cake

Serves 10-12

Cake

3 cups organic unbleached white flour
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups natural cane sugar
1 cup canola oil
4 teaspoons instant espresso powder dissolved in 2 cups water
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 tablespoons cider vinegar

Icing

2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
1/2 cup vegan margarine
3 cups organic powdered sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
2 tablespoons soy cream (soy milk can be substituted)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Ganache

5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon golden syrup or brown-rice syrup
1/3 cup soy cream

Preheat oven to 375°. Have two 8- or 9-inch nonstick round cake pans ready.

To Make the Cake

In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, and sugar. In a small bowl, mix together the oil, espresso, and vanilla extract. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a wire whisk until well incorporated. Add the vinegar and stir quickly. There will be pale swirls in the batter as the baking soda and vinegar react. Pour equal amounts of batter into the two cake pans and bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool in pans for 10 minutes. Flip cakes onto wire racks and cool completely.

To Make the Icing

Melt the chocolate and cool to room temperature. Beat the margarine until fluffy. Add sugar, espresso powder, soy cream, and vanilla and beat until smooth. Then beat in the cooled chocolate.

To Make the Ganache

Process the chocolate in a food processor until finely chopped.

In a saucepan, stir the syrup and cream together and bring to a boil. With the processor running, slowly drizzle the hot cream mixture over the chocolate and process until smooth. Allow to cool to room temperature.

To Assemble

Place one layer of cake on cake plate. Spread mocha icing on top. Place second cake layer on top of icing. Pour and spread chocolate ganache over the top and sides of both layers.

Add decorations as desired. There will be excess mocha icing that can be reserved for another use.

Per serving: 843 calories; 7 g protein; 41 g fat; 118 g carb.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 11:12am
post #4 of 5

ctirella, thanks for the recipe. After I posted, I realized she didn't specify a flavor. I only have a vanilla cake. I have a chocolate cupcake recipe, but a fellow CC member warned me that not all vegan recipes convert well. I have already copied your recipe.

pecanrican Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pecanrican Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 12:58pm
post #5 of 5

I am interested in any flavor as I am willing to try all of them. Ctirella Thanks I will be sure to give it a try.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%