Cake Pop Supplies - I Need All The Help I Can Get!

Baking By pvsmiths Updated 15 Jul 2011 , 3:49pm by pvsmiths

pvsmiths Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pvsmiths Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 5:56pm
post #1 of 4

My daughters want to make cake pops to raise money for the local animal shelter. I think we make a good product, but I am new and don't know where to economically buy things like sticks, ties and cello bags. Anyone have a favorite supplier?
OH - what size cello bags should I buy? I plan on buying 1000, so I don't want to buy the wrong size. THANK YOU FOR YOUR EXPERTISE!!!!

3 replies
lakeofthewoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lakeofthewoods Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 1:47pm
post #2 of 4

I am in Canada and I find that ebay is the best place for me to get my cake pop supplies. I prefer the 6" sticks which I buy in lots of 1000. I use gold foil twist ties as closures, which I also purchase on ebay. I buy 1 lb clear plastic bags at our local wholesale store as they seem to be the least expensive. Good luck!

bakerstreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerstreats Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 2:16pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvsmiths

My daughters want to make cake pops to raise money for the local animal shelter. I think we make a good product, but I am new and don't know where to economically buy things like sticks, ties and cello bags. Anyone have a favorite supplier?
OH - what size cello bags should I buy? I plan on buying 1000, so I don't want to buy the wrong size. THANK YOU FOR YOUR EXPERTISE!!!!

http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/category.asp?start=0&c=901005 this link will show you all the items you need for cake pops. Also try Wilton.com store. For they chocolate I prefer Merckens brand!

pvsmiths Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pvsmiths Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks so much! As far as the bags, is 3" x 4" a good size?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%