Idea For A Cake, Need Advice/opinions

Decorating By leafs_hawks Updated 21 Jul 2011 , 9:16pm by cakesbyM.E.

leafs_hawks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leafs_hawks Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 4

Hi there,

I am thinking of trying a new cake in the next couple of months.

I was thinking of doing a chocolate layer cake with banana slices in between each layer and frosted with a peanut butter icing.

My question/concerns are, why type of frosting should i use in between each layer to put the bananas on? I was thinking of using a buttercream or even the peanut butter frosting, but i don't know if it would be too much butter. Another option is whipped cream.

Also, does anyone have a good recipe for peanut butter icing? Is there suck thing as peanut butter buttercream icing?

Thank for your feed back.

3 replies
shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leafs_hawks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leafs_hawks Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 1:09pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you! that was very helpful

cakesbyM.E. Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyM.E. Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 9:16pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs_hawks

Hi there,

I am thinking of trying a new cake in the next couple of months.

I was thinking of doing a chocolate layer cake with banana slices in between each layer and frosted with a peanut butter icing.

My question/concerns are, why type of frosting should i use in between each layer to put the bananas on? I was thinking of using a buttercream or even the peanut butter frosting, but i don't know if it would be too much butter. Another option is whipped cream.

Also, does anyone have a good recipe for peanut butter icing? Is there suck thing as peanut butter buttercream icing?

Thank for your feed back.

Hi, I have never tried bananas. Keep in mind that bananas need to stay cool so they won't start to turn brown if left out too long. Also, I think a whipped cream in the middle with the bananas would taste smooth with the chocolate & peanut butter frosting. I was requested to make a cake with whipped cream frosting but it needs to be refrigerated until time to eat. I found something called whipped ice that can be out up to 5 days on the cake, 1 yr in the freezer and up to 60 days in the fridge. You can use and refreeze it for next time. It taste exactly like whipped cream frosting. You can find it in a cake supply store. You whip it until the consitency is where needed and it's easy to apply.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%