Footprints In Fondant

Decorating By bakemeacake78 Updated 14 Jul 2011 , 3:24pm by bakemeacake78

bakemeacake78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakemeacake78 Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 2:24pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all,

I am going to be making a beach themed anniversary cake. I want to make impressions of footprints in my fondant across the top of the cake. Do any of you know if there is an impression tool out there that I can use to achieve this effect or do you have any suggestions how I might do it otherwise. The footprints need to be small because they will be going across a 6 inch cake. Thanks in advance!

3 replies
meshaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meshaf Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 2:43pm
post #2 of 4

I use a regular stamp from the slstationary section of my craft store. You may have to practice to get the right pressure for the effect you want. I use this with my cake boards etc. Hope this helps.

ramie7224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ramie7224 Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 2:21pm
post #3 of 4

Lol! The first thing I thought of was a Barbie doll! I'm always thinking of weird stuff to get effects and the 'right' things never even occur to me....I was thinking that you could "walk" a Barbie across the cake with a little bit of pressure and get footprints (though no toe prints). I get knock-off Barbies from the dollar store for the kids to play with in the tub so it wouldn't be an expensive investment and would be cheaper than a stamp or impression mat. If it didn't work out, you could always use the doll for a princess cake later!

bakemeacake78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakemeacake78 Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 3:24pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie7224

Lol! The first thing I thought of was a Barbie doll! I'm always thinking of weird stuff to get effects and the 'right' things never even occur to me....I was thinking that you could "walk" a Barbie across the cake with a little bit of pressure and get footprints (though no toe prints). I get knock-off Barbies from the dollar store for the kids to play with in the tub so it wouldn't be an expensive investment and would be cheaper than a stamp or . If it didn't work out, you could always use the doll for a princess cake later!

OMG! What a great idea! I never would have thought of that, but the size would be perfect. Thank you so much I will give it a practice run icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%