Safe To Eat Cookie Dough

Baking By sjbeatty8 Updated 19 Aug 2011 , 9:41am by AliBakes6167

sjbeatty8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjbeatty8 Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 12:39am
post #1 of 10

I am looking for a cookie dough recipe that is safe to eat without being cooked... anyone have a good one?? I prefer sugar but a chocolate chip would work too.

I want something that comes out thicker like the consistancy of store bought dough because I want to use it in a recipe I have that uses a peanut butter mixture of the same consistancy.

Thanks

9 replies
audrey0522 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
audrey0522 Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 1:03am
post #2 of 10

There is a chocolate chip cookie dough icing /filling recipe on this site that is really, really good. It does not have eggs so does not need to be cooked. I don't know if this is what you are looking for or not.

airedalian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
airedalian Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 3:02am
post #3 of 10

I don't remember where I got it, but I'm sure it was here on CC somewhere! This is what I use in my cake pops:

Cookie Dough Truffles

½ cup butter, softened
¾ cup packed brown sugar
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
½ cup chopped walnuts (optional, I did not add them)

In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the flour, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla; mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts, if using. Shape into 1-inch balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Loosely cover and freeze for 1-2 hours or until firm.

CAC74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAC74 Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 12:59pm
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by airedalian

I don't remember where I got it, but I'm sure it was here on CC somewhere! This is what I use in my cake pops:

Cookie Dough Truffles

½ cup butter, softened
¾ cup packed brown sugar
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
½ cup chopped walnuts (optional, I did not add them)

In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the flour, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla; mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts, if using. Shape into 1-inch balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Loosely cover and freeze for 1-2 hours or until firm.

I assume this is ok to sit out at room temp?? Say after you've dipped them and they are sitting out at a party. Do you know how long they stay good for? Either in the fridge or at room temp? Thanks!! Recipe sounds yummy.... can't wait to try it!!

bakerliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerliz Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 1:08pm
post #5 of 10

If you used pasteurized eggs, wouldn't any cookie dough be safe to eat?

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 4:13pm
post #6 of 10

I don't like the kids eating too much raw cookie dough with either eggs or baking powder/soda in them.
The above recipe sounds just fine.
Sounds tasty too!

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 4:20pm
post #7 of 10

Is there such thing as unsafe raw cookie dough? I guess no-one ever told my stomach! icon_wink.gif

I have been wanting to try the recipe listed above for quite a while now. It sounds wonderful.

bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 4:49pm
post #8 of 10

Been eating that stuff for 48 years, hasnt killed me yet!!!!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 6:33pm
post #9 of 10

I think you could make a standard recipe but leave out the eggs and just sub cream or something until the consistency is right. You can leave out the leavening, but baking soda is kind of salty so you might need to adjust for that too.

AliBakes6167 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AliBakes6167 Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 9:41am
post #10 of 10

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%