Poison V Pretty Panic!!

Decorating By ChelleW Updated 12 Jul 2011 , 10:33pm by ReneeFLL

ChelleW Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 10:05pm
post #1 of 3

I will TRY to keep this short and sweet!

The Aim: to make tallish 7" cake with 6 thin coloured layers (inspired by I am Baker). Sandwiched together with white choc ganache buttercream. Covered in white choc ganache and then fondant! What was I thinking?! I am new to this!!

It is now wed morning and cake has to be ready on Sat afternoon. Did I mention I have 2 other small parties to do before that and a cookie bouquet to finish and two children under 3 to look after so I have cooked all cakes made buttercream and about to make ganache!

So the problems! I am thinking I should layer the cakes today w the choc buttercream, ganache thurs, fondant fri. BUT don't really want to poison anyone?! Is it ok to store in fridge both layered and ganached and then remove prior to fondant going on?

I have heard of nightmares involving condensation on fondant! It is not too hot, between 10-20c, or humid here at the moment which I guess should make it easier? HHEELLP!!

2 replies
pastrygirls Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 10:20pm
post #2 of 3

i use buttercream, but leave my cakes in the fridge overnight before covering in fondant and have never had an issue with condensation.

ReneeFLL Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 10:33pm
post #3 of 3

If you are worried about condensation you can let the cake come to room temp before you put on the fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%