Ugh...had To Walk Away From The Fondant Today...

Decorating By catlharper Updated 12 Jul 2011 , 8:54pm by donnlara

catlharper Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 8:33pm
post #1 of 2

Hi there,

Frustration city here...it's hot and humid and driving me nuts while trying to work with fondant. Roll it out, TONS of little bubbles....knead knead knead, roll it out, BIG bubbles...knead knead knead...roll it out, some small bubbles at the side but that's ok, gonna trim it off anyways, get it onto the cake and TEAR...UGH. Knead knead knead, roll it out, bubbles...ball it up, put it BACK and walk away. Apparently I'm not supposed to be working with fondant today. Good thing it's for a demo for an upcoming Bridal Faire.

Does anyone know WHY humidity makes this job suck so much? Is that why I had all the bubbles? Any help would be great..I just don't seem to have this issue in the winter.

Cat

1 reply
donnlara Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 8:54pm
post #2 of 2

Cat - I've been there too! I hate doing fondant cakes in July and August in our area...I get up as early as I can to cover cakes this time of year to try to help the situation as much as possible. It's not as humid up the hill here today as I've heard it is down in the valley. Good luck, hope it gets better for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%