Missed Appointment E-Mail

Business By Pebbles1727 Updated 13 Jul 2011 , 6:37pm by dldbrou

Pebbles1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles1727 Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 8:25pm
post #1 of 15

Hi ya'll,
anyone has a nice standard e-mail response to the brides, you care to share?
Thank you bunches,
P

14 replies
Pebbles1727 Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 9:37pm
post #2 of 15

Anyone? I have a bride who no-showed this afternoon, and I need to email her to let her know that her wedding date is no longer available, since she missed her appointment, but cannot come up with perfect wording.
thanks a bunch, P

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 9:46pm
post #3 of 15

Personally, I would wait until she emailed you, then respond that you were booked on that date.

Pebbles1727 Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 9:51pm
post #4 of 15

Even if the date is indeed booked?

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 10:04pm
post #5 of 15

Dear So and So,
I am sorry you were unable to make our scheduled appointment. I regret to inform you that your date has been booked by another bride.

Sincerely,

I don't know if you want to use the words "i'm sorry" but I couldn't come up with another phrase.

boomerangbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boomerangbaker Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 10:08pm
post #6 of 15

If she didn't show she probably isn't going to book, I'd leave it alone unless she contacts you.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 10:15pm
post #7 of 15

Agreed..I'd wait and see if she emails back at all and then proceed to tell her that since she did not show up for appt/call or email that she would not be attending her date has since been booked by another bride.

Pebbles1727 Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 11:19pm
post #8 of 15

Ok, thanks you all.

cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 2:40pm
post #9 of 15

Dear Bride,
This is _______ from _________. You missed your scheduled consultation to discuss your wedding cake for (date) at (time). If you would like to reschedule your consultation call (phone number). Please note that a rescheduling fee of $x is due (either before if you take credit cards or pay pal or at the time of the appointment if you don't).

Sincerely,
Pissed Off Baker

If the consultation was made over email make sure to reply to her using the email with the agreement of the day/time.

Pebbles1727 Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 4:36pm
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Quote:

Dear Bride,
This is _______ from _________. You missed your scheduled consultation to discuss your wedding cake for (date) at (time). If you would like to reschedule your consultation call (phone number). Please note that a rescheduling fee of $x is due (either before if you take credit cards or pay pal or at the time of the appointment if you don't).

Sincerely,
Pissed Off Baker

LOL, actually I'm not pissed off. I had 2 other people waiting for that day and outcome of the consult, so it really was no biggie. I just thought that it would be courteous to inform the bride that date was no longer available should she still wanted it.
Your response has made me laugh though! Thanks for that icon_biggrin.gif

KSMill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KSMill Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 5:06pm
post #11 of 15

Dear Bride:

Since you were unable to meet for our scheduled consultation on (date & time), I am hopeful that you have been able to make other arrangements for your wedding on (date) that will meet your needs. I have since completely booked that date so will be unable to book your wedding cake. I wish you all the best and hope you will consider us for your future cakes.

Sincerely,

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 5:34pm
post #12 of 15

Nah, I wouldn't do anything. I had a no-show yesterday, which you know if you've friended me on Fb. I always post something like "It's 1:20 and my 1 pm cake consultation doesn't seem to be happening. Free cake soon!" And then someone claims the cake samples.

Pebbles1727 Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 5:37pm
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Quote:

And then someone claims the cake samples.

LOL, yep, mine was "Free to a good home"--they got claimed rather quickly.

Cakeuhlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeuhlicious Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 5:50pm
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbycathy

Dear So and So,
I am sorry you were unable to make our scheduled appointment. I regret to inform you that your date has been booked by another bride.

I like this option. I think I would courteously let her know that she missed her appointment and that you're now booked as a result. She may have just been busy with things and forgot. It's always best, IMO, to be preemptive when dealing with customers, as it elminates surprise down the road.

I probably wouldn't use "Im sorry" because you aren't. But something similar. "I regret to inform you that because you missed our scheduled appointment yesterday at XX:XX, the date you requested has been booked by another bride."

If you were feeling customer servicey you could even wish her event well, throw out a few recommendations for other bakers in the area and add that you look forward to hearing from her in regards to her next event, etc.

I prefer to over customer service people in most cases. LOL

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 13 Jul 2011 , 6:37pm
post #15 of 15

I might say, " Your agreed upon appointment time has come and gone and was not cancelled, so my next customer has scheduled the date you requested. If another date is needed, please let me know if I can be of service."

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%