Christening And Anniversary Cakes

Decorating By katj012 Updated 12 Jul 2011 , 8:12pm by gourmetsharon

katj012 Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 3

So I have a couple cake orders coming up for family - one is a christening, one is an anniversary.

For the christening all I can think of is a cross - which just seems kind of "blah". Does anyone have any cute christening ideas for a boy? When I Google search, it just seems like most cakes are just simple blue with babies on them.

I also have an anniversary cake coming up - and when I did a search for that, I found mostly what seem to be mini-wedding cakes. I would love to do something more fun and cutesy as opposed to just sticking a bunch of flowers all over. This party is likely going to be a the couple's house... any other ideas out there!

Thanks a million in advance!

2 replies
mickeypanda Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 8:08pm
post #2 of 3

For the christening cakes, I have done a Noah's Ark, lambs, and christening outfits/dresses. You could also do a bible, stained glass window, or seashells (symbol of baptism). For the anniversary, is there any theme to the party food or decorations that you could base the cake on? What about special interests or a memory of the couple?

gourmetsharon Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 8:12pm
post #3 of 3

I made a first communion cross cake for a boy which could probably be for a christening also. I made 1/2" tiles from fondant to accent the cross shape. I used the same color just kept adding more in to make the fondant darker.

I cut it from 2 9 x 13 cakes stacked.

you can go to my photos and see it. People said they thought it was nice, not too fru-fru.

Happy Baking!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%