Tmi Question About Gel Colors

Decorating By theCword Updated 12 Jul 2011 , 3:39pm by sacakesandbakes

theCword Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 2:05pm
post #1 of 5

Ahem. icon_redface.gif

I successfully accomplished the cake for my husband's 30th birthday (after throwing away 6 cakes icon_biggrin.gif ). It was colorful (green, blue, red and purple) and although the icing didn't come out the green I expected it to, everyone loved it. It was delicious and pretty to look at.

Now I believe I've eaten too much cake over the cake. I was tasting this and that. We had leftoevers so I ate some of that. My hub did too.

Yesterday we noticed our poop was green, like the dye!!! And then blue too! I know TMI but wth? I could actually see the dye in the toilet. TMI I know, I know but it freaked me out. I am hoping it's because I had cake/dye overload over the weekend and that not everybody from the party is scared that they're pooping bright green. I asked my teenage cousin and after she said eww gross and laughed at me, she said no, she was pooping normal colors. icon_rolleyes.gif

4 replies
CakeCrystals Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 2:11pm
post #2 of 5

Eeew Gross! icon_lol.gif I'm sure it came from the dye. But I have to ask, what brand did you use?

dmo4ab Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 2:26pm
post #3 of 5

icon_lol.gif haha! Your post made me laugh. Ever since my son was born two years ago discussions of poop and it's color are nothing unusual around our house! icon_lol.gif

I do think that is kinda normal, though. I've heard several people over the years talk about the "after effects" of eating a lot of deep colored icing at birthday parties.

theCword Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 3:11pm
post #4 of 5

I used Wilton gels in the 1oz jars. This is too weird and could be embarrassing if everyone after a party had colored poop!!!

Hopefully it's just because I kept tasting it but still, I don't think I like that after effect.

sacakesandbakes Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 3:39pm
post #5 of 5

Lol, its obviously from the color dyes. I wouldn't worry about your guests, you didn't poison them. Lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%