Need A Filling!

Decorating By butterfly831915 Updated 21 Jul 2011 , 9:24pm by cakesbyM.E.

butterfly831915 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterfly831915 Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 5:12am
post #1 of 5

I am making a banana chocolate swirl cake for a friends babyshower, I had wanted to make a banana chocolate chip pudding filling but then I remembered that the shower is going to be outdoors and that she would not be able to refridgerate the cake. She will be getting the cake the day before as I will be leaving for my cruise icon_lol.gif and I want to make sure the filling is safe. Any ideas for a filling that I can use that doesn't have to be refridgerated? It is very hot and humid here as well.

4 replies
ramie7224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ramie7224 Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 3:04pm
post #2 of 5

You could flavor buttercream with banana extract and add chocolate chips if you're worried about the pudding filling. A buttercream filling won't need to be refridgerated.

KSMill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KSMill Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 3:17pm
post #3 of 5

I made a banana cake with strawberry filling last week and everyone loved it. I used the strawberry filling in sleeves.

kellikrause Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellikrause Posted 14 Jul 2011 , 4:21pm
post #4 of 5

If you have access to Richs bettercreme you can flavor that with whatever you want and stir in some choc chips. It doesn't need refrigeration either. Love the stuff!!

cakesbyM.E. Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyM.E. Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 9:24pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly831915

I am making a banana chocolate swirl cake for a friends babyshower, I had wanted to make a banana chocolate chip pudding filling but then I remembered that the shower is going to be outdoors and that she would not be able to refridgerate the cake. She will be getting the cake the day before as I will be leaving for my cruise icon_lol.gif and I want to make sure the filling is safe. Any ideas for a filling that I can use that doesn't have to be refridgerated? It is very hot and humid here as well.

You could also use banana flavored pudding (if your grocery store carries it) that is already made that does not need to be refridgerated and add the choc chips. I have you used them on several occassions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%