How To Make This Pirse?

Decorating By sarascakecreations Updated 12 Jul 2011 , 2:03pm by Kiddiekakes

sarascakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarascakecreations Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 3:22am
post #1 of 4

So a friend has asked me to make this coach purse cake for her birthday. And I would just like a litle help... For the cake itself I'm thinking of using a 7x11 pan baking 4 layers 2" or so high with a little buttercream in each. So after the 1st and 2nd layers should I put a board for stability or no? Also as for the C's.... I know some people go on the coach website and trace over the coach wallpaper to get a coach stencil.... so should I paint it in with petal dust and vodka? Use food safe markers?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=coach+purse+cake&view=detail&id=492254F3DA9DE3B9BAB3DF89197A94D273E347A4&first=151&FORM=IDFRIR

Thanks!!

3 replies
cake_architect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_architect Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 3:32am
post #2 of 4

in the purses i've done, i've always put a board in between the bottom two and top two layers. i think the sizes you've listed would work, i usually bake two 11x15 and cut them in half just so i don't have to bake as much, though. for the c's on my cake i used the cricut and fondant, when doing it with buttercream i think it can get a little messy. hth!

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1913004

sarascakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarascakecreations Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 1:25pm
post #3 of 4

Wow, thanks your c's look great! But I don't have the cricut machine so I have to find another way and so far it seems the stencil/painting method might be the best.

If anyone else can give me tips on how to do the c's I would really appreciate it, thanks!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 2:03pm
post #4 of 4

When I made my coach cakes I hand painted every logo on the cake in gold lustre dust..Very time consuming but turned out okay..Wish I had a better method as I don't have a cricut either..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%