Need Help With Ingredient Label! How Do You Make It Fit?!?!

Business By forheavenscake Updated 12 Jul 2011 , 1:50pm by forheavenscake

forheavenscake Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 7:11pm
post #1 of 4

So I am in the process of getting all my ingredient labels ready to go and I'm at a loss. It has to be a minimum of 10 point font and has to have the breakdown of all ingredients. .ie. flour etc.

Well, half of my recipes are scratch only and the other half are doctored recipes.

I can't for the life of me get the doctored ones to fit on a reasonably sized label! It is ridiculous long listing everything on the side of the cake mix box and THEN all the other stuff I put into it, plus my address, cottage food statement, weight etc.

Does anyone have any tricks, tips or ideas?? I"m still not even sure what size label to use, I've just been playing with templates on Word and nothing seems to fit. I just tried a 2 x 4 label and that didn't even work!

3 replies
jason_kraft Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 7:12pm
post #2 of 4

Maybe use a bigger label attached to the bottom of the box?

scp1127 Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 9:04am
post #3 of 4

It can be a full sheet. In any case, it should be complete. Your health departmentwill give you guidelines. The 10 pt. type is what is used in most media, as it is considered to be the smallest most people can see.

forheavenscake Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 1:50pm
post #4 of 4

But what about single cupcakes that are sold? I can't put a huge label on the bottom. .it won't fit.

Hmmmmm. . .time to get creative. LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%