Picing For This Cake?

Decorating By Littlecreativecupcake Updated 11 Jul 2011 , 4:12pm by TexasSugar

Littlecreativecupcake Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 4:06am
post #1 of 9

Hi I have someone interested in a teddy bear cake but I am not sure what to charge. I am still trying to figure out what to charge for all of my cakes and find it really difficult to know what it a fair price, I was thinking $70??

Any pricing advice/ ideas are welcome! Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

Image[/url]

8 replies
jhndavid Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 12:25pm
post #2 of 9

u can sell this upto $80

Littlecreativecupcake Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 1:53pm
post #3 of 9

thanks icon_smile.gif

QTCakes1 Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 2:05pm
post #4 of 9

$50. Isn't that just the wilton mold?

Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 2:19pm
post #5 of 9

Doesn't matter that it is the wilton mold..it can be a very finicky cake to bake.It takes at least 1 hour and 15 minutes ..and then you have to see if it turns out...The decorating about an hour so you have to consider the time from start to finish...I start my 3D cakes at $100.00..no less..

jason_kraft Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 2:45pm
post #6 of 9

The price will vary depending on your ingredient cost, labor cost, and overhead cost. We would price that cake around $125, that includes overhead for a commercial kitchen since CA (like many states) does not allow you to legally sell cakes made in a home kitchen.

QTCakes1 Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 3:53pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

Doesn't matter that it is the wilton mold..it can be a very finicky cake to bake.It takes at least 1 hour and 15 minutes ..and then you have to see if it turns out...The decorating about an hour so you have to consider the time from start to finish...I start my 3D cakes at $100.00..no less..

I don't agree. This is a quick cake to make and not that hard to pipe. I start my 3D cakes at $250 and no less, but this is a mold. QUick and easy.

kakeladi Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 4:10pm
post #8 of 9

I tend to agree w/Kiddiekakes, that is NOT a 'quick and easy' cake for everyone. And pricing also depends soooooo much of location and we have NO IDEA where this person is located.
I suggest $75-100 is fine.

TexasSugar Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 4:12pm
post #9 of 9

It may not be a quick and easy cake for everyone. While it is a '3D' cake, it is made from a cake pan, not carved. I'd have to price it more than a basic cake, but less than a carved cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%