How To Stack A Rkt Ball On Top Of A Cake

Decorating By jewordsoflife Updated 11 Jul 2011 , 3:06am by jewordsoflife

jewordsoflife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewordsoflife Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 2:09am
post #1 of 5

I'm making a dodge ball cake this week and I have question on how to secure the ball on top of the cake. It's going to be a 2 tier cake 8in & 6in. The dodge ball will be about 4in. I was wondering if I just needed to put some bubble tea straws in the 6in and a small wooden dowel in the ball. Can anyone help me? TIA icon_smile.gif

4 replies
yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 2:26am
post #2 of 5

I would do bubble tea straws in the cake, and the on the very bottom of the ball put a very thin piece of cardboard. I know the bottom of the ball will be rounded, so there's not going to be a ton of area for you to put cardboard on, but I would make sure there's at least a little piece so the RKT ball doesn't sink into the straws. Then I'd dowel the ball to secure it to the cake. icon_smile.gif

jewordsoflife Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 2:37am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy_in_my_tummy

I would do bubble tea straws in the cake, and the on the very bottom of the ball put a very thin piece of cardboard. I know the bottom of the ball will be rounded, so there's not going to be a ton of area for you to put cardboard on, but I would make sure there's at least a little piece so the RKT ball doesn't sink into the straws. Then I'd dowel the ball to secure it to the cake. icon_smile.gif

Sounds good. Thanks! Do I cover the cardboard with anything? The cake will be covered in white bc and the ball will obviously be covered in red fondant

fedra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fedra Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 2:39am
post #4 of 5

I will be placing a RKT teapot on a 10 in round cake. The teapot is kinda heavy and big so I am planning on placing 3 dowels right under the teapot. The teapot is placed on top of a small round foamcore covered in fondant. Then i will put a long thin skewer down the middle of the teapot and the cake itself, covering the hole with a small top for the teapot.

jewordsoflife Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 3:06am
post #5 of 5

I think that I'll cover the board in white fondant and make it small enough to hold the ball but not be too noticeable. Thank you both!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%