Tres Leches Cake Tilting

Decorating By SweetBakesOfMine Updated 11 Jul 2011 , 5:38am by Curtsmin24

SweetBakesOfMine Posted 10 Jul 2011 , 11:58pm
post #1 of 3

Hello ladies and gentlemen! icon_smile.gif
So I'm making a Tres Leches cake. I had finished it and applied the whipcream all over my cake and finally decorated it!! It look beautiful and so delight! BUT then it starts to tilt!!!
icon_sad.gif: And it tilts and tilts and splash.......the top layer tilted. It was just a 8 inch round cake cut in half.
How can i prevent it from tilting. Could it be because the cake is so wet from the 3 leches (milks)
Anyone with this problem???

Tips please!!!!

2 replies
sweettreat101 Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 4:50am
post #2 of 3

I don't under stand what you mean by 8 inch round cut in half top layer. Is it a stacked cake? If so did you dowel your cake? For my tres leches cakes I don't use whipping cream as it is not a stable frosting. I use either Frostin Pride non dairy whipped frosting or buttercream. My three tier star cake in my photos is all tres leches and I didn't have any problems with tilting. You could have added to much of the milk mixture making the cake layers not stable. I add enough milks to make it moist but not so much that it's loaded like a sponge.

Curtsmin24 Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 5:38am
post #3 of 3

If you splited a layer cake thats probably what it was. (cut in layers) I keep it one full cake and then add the milk mixture while it's in the pan a little at a time. It can't be too moist because it will fall apart. The whipped cream is also too soft (from my experience) They have whip cream stabilizers called whip it that help it stay firm like bettercreme and frostin pride. It is a lot easier to work with then just plain whipped cream. I hope I answered correctly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%